Church By the Bay has contact with more than 200 children each week, and this number is growing. This may be in a social group where our focus is having fun in a safe and friendly environment, or our Sunday school group, known as Reflectors, where we share the Gospel and have fun worshiping God.
Opportunities for young people to have contact with the Gospel message include:
- Footprints – for older Primary aged kids, focussing on having fun and games (Friday night 6.30 – 8:30pm during school terms)
- Storm Youth – High school aged, focus on fun activities and the Gospel (Friday night 6.30 – 8.30pm)
- Encounter – High school age Sunday night meal and discipleship starts at CBtB at 5:30pm for dinner, finishes at 8:00pm
- Reflectors – for Primary aged children to learn how much God loves them, and how they can share this with others (Sundays 10am)
- Kids Hopes Aus. – a mentoring program that helps children who need additional support. Kids Hope works to improve opportunities for mentored children in the areas of education, self-confidence and wellbeing. Visit Kids Hope Aus website here
- Christian Religious Education – Church By the Bay sends adults into our local school to share the Gospel with school children. Visit CRE website here
- BSM (Bellarine Schools Ministry) This is a combined ministry of the Churches of Portarlington. The vision of BSM is to provide support to young people in high schools by coming alongside of them and loving them in practical mentor relationships that show them their intrinsic value. Mentoring can be everything from carpentry to fitness training, from walkings to tutoring. The BSM workers help co-ordinate accredited volunteers in these various projects.
- Camping Program. CBtB has partnered with the Camping Program to provide a variety of camps for young people in the school holidays.